Main & Mill Brewing Company on Main Street in Festus, Missouri is a family-owned and run brewpub that was opened in 2014 and offers a unique weekly rotation of handcrafted beers paired with an excellent and diverse pub menu.
Ambiance and Service that impress
When you visit the Main & Mill Brewing Company, you’re welcomed on the first floor by an all-wood center full-service bar that’s in front of several glass partitions, from behind which you can view the interesting brewing process. There’s a rustic yet glamorous feel to the brewpub, which has a family-friendly dining room, a patio, and a fun, welcoming environment. Upstairs, there’s a second bar that’s fully loaded with taps and newly covered decks, as well as a tasting room for visitors to drop in and sample the brew on the tap. The place is even dog friendly, so you can take your furry friend along with you for the experience.
There’s also a restaurant offering a variety of options to pair your drink with, and you can even select your beer to go. Main & Mill Brewing Company offers great service that’s sure to leave an impression, with service personnel up to date on the latest offerings at the brewery and customer favorites you should try if you’re struggling to make a decision.
Main & Mill Brewing Company creates a hub for community activity to flourish by hosting events regularly in order to gather the neighborhood folks and have a good time. Whether it’s fundraisers, trivia nights, concerts, or even their annual Street Fest, they know how to gather a crowd and show them a good time. You won’t want to miss out on all the fun!
Their menu is extensive, with appetizers, entrees, burgers, sandwiches, salads, and soups. You may even end up having a hard time selecting – they’ve got so many options, and there’s something to meet everyone’s needs. They also have vegan and gluten-free options on the menu that you can opt for.
Brews You Have to Try
They’ve got a constantly rotating selection of brews, so you may end up seeing something new every time you go there. Over the years, they’ve reinvented their brews to bring customers something new and interesting every week. Their flagship Clyde’s Ale is always on the menu, but apart from that, the selection changes each week, with the menu listing ten taps that customers can choose from. Check out their website to find out what they’re currently offering, as they regularly update this information while rotating selections.
Some of their most popular brews are:
- Clyde’s Ale: 4.0% ABV / 6 IBU. The flagship ale is named after Clyde Foster, who was instrumental in the renovation and opening of Main & Mill Brewing Company. It has a natural fruitiness and is crisp and unfiltered.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Jifforia Imperial Stout: 10% ABV. It’s brewed using a mix of lactose cocoa nibs and peanut butter.
- Lil’ Jifforia: Pastry stout with 5.5% ABV / 17 IBU. The little version of Imperial Peanut Butter Chocolate Jifforia, this one’s brewed using peanut butter, lactose, and cacao nibs.
- Barrel-Aged Waffle Cone: Neapolitan pastry imperial stout with 11% ABV / 30 IBU. It’s aged in Buffalo Trace Barrels using graham crackers, lactose, vanilla, cacao, cinnamon, and strawberries.
- Missouri Brunch Stout (MBS): American stout with 5.4% ABV / 20 IBU. The MBS is brewed using Mississippi Mud Espresso, dark chocolate, Madagascar vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Oak-Aged Imperial Breakfast Stout: Imperial / Double stout with 11% ABV / 38 IBU. This brew is blended with Buffalo Trace barrel-aged stout and loaded with cinnamon, maple, cacao nibs, Mississippi Mud Espresso, and vanilla.
- Thursday Night Incident: Imperial / Double IPA with 7.7% ABV / 80 IBU. Thursday Night Incident is loaded using Galaxy, Citra, and Centennial late hops.
- Carpathian: Russian imperial stout with 12.5% ABV / 40 IBU. It’s aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels.
- Triple Berry Smoothie: Sour Berliner Weisse with 5.7% ABV / 4 IBU. This yummy wheat beer is brewed with the help of oats and lactose followed by aging on blueberries, vanilla, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Oktoberfestus: 5% ABV / 15 IBU. One of their most popular beers, Oktoberfestus is brewed using munich and maris otter malt, which give it a strong taste of toast and malt.
- Barrel-Aged Mexican Chocolate Imperial Stout: American Imperial / Double stout with 12% ABV / 35 IBU. The stout’s aged in Buffalo Trace barrels using cacao nibs, cinnamon, New Mexican chiles, Mexican vanilla, and ancho.
- Barrel-Aged Imperial Coffee – Guatemalan: An Imperial / Double milk stout with 10.6% ABV / 35 IBU. This beer is brewed to taste just like the refreshing Guatemalan coffee, which aged in Four Roses Bourbon barrels.
- Black Raspberry & Lime Gose: Sour gose with 5.2% ABV / 4 IBU. The beer’s kettle soured with sea salt and coriander, fermented with black raspberries, and finished using a freshly zested lime.
- Godznilla: Imperial / Double stout with 12% ABV. It’s aged on Madagascar vanilla beans for 18 months in rye barrels.
- Red Rye: 5.4 ABV / 11 IBU. A classic of Main & Mill Brewing Company, this red ale is brewed using lots of rye, which gives it a light spice flavor and a smooth, malty body.
- Samoa Stout: Milk / Sweet stout with 7.5% ABV / 30 IBU. This stout has heavy notes of caramel with cacao nibs and toasted coconut.
Become a Member
Main & Mill Brewing even has membership opportunities with special privileges offered to those who sign up to be members. Three options are available with varying degrees of perks offered depending on the membership offer you choose: basic membership, plus level membership, and top tier membership.
Whether or not you decide to become a member, you definitely should check out Main & Mill Brewing Company for a great experience! The brewery is located at 240 East Main Street in Festus, Missouri.