Hidden River Brewing Company can be found in the Historic Brinton Lodge, a 300-year-old building in Douglassville, Pennsylvania. At the Hidden River Brewing Company, there’s a continuous rotation of uniquely crafted small batch beers for visitors, with a special dinner menu made with locally sourced ingredients.
Hidden River Brewing Company offers visitors the opportunity to relax in any of their many cozy areas, including two different bar areas, multiple interior rooms of the Historic Brinton Lodge, as well as a beautiful and peaceful creek-side deck. You can enjoy sitting in the original bar beyond the kitchen in a back room or the newer bar with the kitchen in the front room. There’s a stage for entertainment, but if you’re the quiet type, there’s also a sitting room with a fireplace and a bookshelf stocked with books that’s sure to interest you.
The ambiance of the Hidden River Brewing Company is quirky yet comfortable, drawing from the Lodge’s uncommon architecture, local legends, as well as eccentric history. Support received by the Hidden River Brewing Company is also used for the preservation and restoration of Brinton Lodge.
You can choose from a variety of games at Hidden River Brewing Company, and they’ll certainly ensure you stay occupied during your time there. You can get your group together and start playing as you enjoy their beers and select dishes from their menu.
Hidden River Brewing Company has a menu that changes on a weekly basis depending on ingredients made available by farmers and suppliers since all their ingredients are locally sourced. Whether you’re interested in a soup, a sandwich, a burger, or something more filling, you’re sure to find something on the menu that’s likely to interest you.
Whether it is music events, cook-offs, can releases, lecture series, or book reviews, there’s always something that can grab your attention.
Hidden River Brewing Company offers a variety of hop-forward beer, with offerings continuously changing in terms of unique ales, ciders, and lagers. They also offer visitors Pennsylvania wine. You can refer to their website for their regularly updated tap list based on current offerings, but some popular beers of Hidden River Brewing Company include:
- Oatalaxy: Imperial/Double IPA with 8.4% ABV. It’s brewed with oat malt bill with hints of peach, mango, pine, orange, and grapefruit.
- Cold Nights: Sour IPA with 7.7% ABV. This brew’s hopped using caliente, citra, and cashmere and conditioned on blood orange puree and vanilla. It has the taste of sweet lemon, kumquat, strawberry marmalade, fragrant rose, and white gummy bears.
- Bear Cat Cat Bear: Irish dry stout with 8.4% ABV. Brewed in memory of the brewery cat, Bear Cat Cat Bear has a creaminess that springs up hints of chocolate, pistachios, coffee beans, licorice, and burnt toast.
- Deeply Entrenched: Sour IPA with 7.6% ABV. Conditioned on fresh watermelon and vanilla, this beer springs up the taste of cranberry, grapefruit, cabernet, and kiwi.
- The Most High: Imperial/Double IPA with 8% ABV. Brewed with oats and hopped using galaxy, motueka, and citra, this beer has hints of grapefruit, mellow mango, sweet pine, peach skins, and a touch of grass.
- Light the Way For Me: Sour IPA with 7% ABV. Hopped with calypso, citra, and mosaic and conditioned on passion fruit, guava puree, and vanilla, you can taste passion fruit, orange pulp, eucalyptus, tropical cocktail, mimosa, and citrus pith.
- The Strawberry Thief: Imperial/Double IPA with 8.1% ABV. Hopped using Barbe Rogue, mosaic, citra, and motueka, the Strawberry Thief has ripe strawberries, subtle white chocolate, sweet grapefruit, and citrus resins.
- LaPaz: Imperial/Double porter with 9.3% ABV. Conditioned on cold-brewed Ethiopian beans of the The Reading Coffee Roasters, this beer offers you rich taste of cacao nibs, toffee, nutty coffee, and toasted almond.
- Cool Conditions: Sour fruited gose with 4% ABV. A raspberry-blackberry gose that’s brewed using Himalayan Sea Salt and conditioned on purees of raspberry and blackberry. You get to taste sweet raspberry, subtle blueberry, a saline tartness that’s balanced, as well as a tart blackberry finish.
- Fortune Awaits: American IPA with 6.4% ABV. Hopped using a blend of citra, wakatu, simcoe, and azacca, you get to experience notes of orange cream sickle, lemon meringue pie, vanilla cupcakes, and juicy ripe pineapple.
- Early Moon: American Imperial/Double stout with 13% ABV. Conditioned on vanilla, cocoa nibs, and flaked coconut, you get a hint of vanilla and mellow nuttiness at the beginning, followed by dark roast coffee and rich ground chocolate, and then a taste of coconut cream pie, and graham cracker to finish.
- Moveable Bridges: Sour IPA with 7.2% ABV. Conditioned on passion fruit puree and jasmine flowers, this is hopped using citra, rakau, motueka, and calypso. It’s got hints of pineapple shavings, a touch of vanilla, and lemon heads.
- Impalpable Thread: American IPA with 6.5% ABV. Has notes of alfalfa, ripe pineapple, and peach, as well as sweet malt character. It is brewed using oats, rye, and layered base malts, and hops used in brewing include topaz, galaxy, citra, and mosaic.
- Invert: Imperial/Double IPA with 8% ABV. Hopped using a mix of Galaxy, Citra, Topaz, and Mosaic, this beer will give you hints of mixed berry jam, sweet sage, ripe dragon fruit, and grapefruit.
- Built Upon Memory: Imperial/Double IPA with 8.4% ABV. Hopped using a special blend of Citra, Columbus, Mosaic, and Eureka, your palate gets notes of dank pine, ripe peach skins, juniper berries, light lemongrass, wet straw, and sour apple.
- Irrealis Mood: Imperial/Double IPA with 9% ABV. Hopped using Azacca, Simcoe, El Dorado, and Citra, this beer conjures up the taste of blueberry crumb cake, smooth pine, ruby red grapefruit, mandarin orange, and cranberry hint.
Drop in for a visit – you won’t regret it! The Hidden River Brewing Company is located at 1808 W. Schuylkill Rd. (Route 724) Douglassville, PA 19518.
You can contact them at 484-273-2266 or check out their website. For further queries, get in touch with them at [email protected]. For details of events being hosted, you can refer to their Facebook page or their Instagram.