Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. is located at 1150 Manhattan Ave, Greenpoint, NY 11222. Open on all days of the week except Mondays, Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. has come to be recognized as one of the finest craft breweries in New York City.
Greenpoint opened its doors in 2014 originally, helmed by Ed Raven. However, it soon moved to its current location last year, as the need for expansion was felt. The microbrewery was intended to be a comforting space where customers could enjoy a refreshing draft of craft beer with wholesome and delicious plates of food. The brewery is equipped with a five-barrel system to churn out an exquisite range of lagers, ales, brett beers and so on. It also boasts of its own open kitchen serving staples inspired by Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, German, American, and Polish cuisine. The beers, made available on a monthly rotational basis, also pay homage to German, English, and Belgian brew styles, while keeping the Americana alive.
The year 2016 marked this New York brewery’s can sale operations. If you’re a resident of New York City, you might be able to pick up cans to-go from the Manhattan address of Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. or other select outlets.
What You Need to Know
Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. is very child and dog-friendly, so you can come visit the brewery with your children or four-legged friend anytime. In fact, the kids can avail their own play area and will be sure to leave you alone as they go about having a whale of time themselves.
It is a great place to catch up on a game you’re following or even a live broadcast of famous award ceremonies. The giant projector screen on the wall of the brewpub airs everything from sporting events to your favorite TV show; all you need to do is ask.
As we’ve already discussed, Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. offers an array of delicious comfort food, and if you find yourself at the brewery, you must order yourself their loaded fries, pretzel garnished with house-made cheese, house-smoked brisket sliders, or their weekly special. Take our word for it, these dishes will make you want to come back for seconds – perhaps, even more.
You can avail beer in draft form or in cans here. If you plan your visit to the Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. anytime soon, you will be able to sample the following two beers on draft –
- Goon Squad: 7.2% ABV. Foreign extra stout midway poised between bold and crushable. It has been brewed with roasted malts, blackstrap molasses and flaked oats. Expect a bittersweet chocolate and dark fruit flavor character with hints of rum and espresso trailing right behind.
- Can We Still Be Friends?: 5.2% ABV. Hazy pale ale dry-hopped with Mosaic and Hallertau Blanc. It has a light body and dry finish, with a crisp, refreshing, and bready taste profile. You can expect notes of lemon zest, stone fruit, and honeydew at first, slowly giving way to earthy and grassy undertones.
The following beers are made available by Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. in canned form:
- Greenpoint IPA: 6.7% ABV. DDH New England-style IPA bursting with tropical fruit, melon, and tangerine flavor, providing a bitter finish. It’s brewed using wheat, oats, El Dorado, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Columbus hops.
- Greenpoint Lekker: 4.9% ABV. Pilsner beer brewed to pay tribute to the earliest residents of Greenpoint around 1640. This beer is brewed using Bavarian grains and Hallertau and Tettnanger hops, providing a clean and tasty finish.
- Synthesis: 7.4% ABV. DDH IPA brewed using flaked wheat, English malts, Mosaic, Hallertau Blanc and Azacca hops. You can expect plentiful tangerine, mango, and grapefruit flavors and a well-balanced bitterness that’s never too overwhelming.
- Vert Mont: 8% ABV Double IPA. brewed using an abundance of Mosaic, Citra and Centennial hops. This brew gives off a tropical, juicy, fruit and citrus hop flavor and aroma. A bready malt flavor beer, it’s easy to drink with minimal bitterness.
Craft brew enthusiasts in New York City would benefit from dropping into Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. It is furnished with an impressive circular-shaped bar and cafeteria-style tables on the inside. There is also seating provided outside for those who’d like to take in the weather.
The selection of beers is limited but recommended. You can sample the beers they have on tap before placing your order. Usually, three to four samples are provided to guests. All the beers on offer at Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. are subject to rotation. So you may not be able to order the same beer you ordered two weeks ago.
Service at Greenpoint is incredibly friendly. Also, the waiters allow you to take your time nursing down your cold brew. You will not be hurried with your drink when you visit this brewery. While some might find that frustrating, a laidback and casual vibe is what this NYC brewery preaches.
The Brooklyn brewery has been designed impeccably. Housed in an old factory building, the taproom contains high ceilings and broad windows. The building itself has stairs on its either side, leading up to a roof. Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. could soon be hosting a second bar here, but only time will tell.
When you visit this brewery, you are unlikely to struggle to find parking space. There is ample street parking area made available. Although new to the Brooklyn neighborhood, Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. is destined to grow and expand as it achieves wider acclaim both within and outside NYC state lines. As it’s a dog and child friendly craft brewery serving delectable food and a warm, casual atmosphere, why wouldn’t it? Come down for a pour of their refreshing cold brews.
In order to help you plan your visit to this NYC brewpub better, we recommend you check out their official webpage or call them before visiting at 718-389-2940.
The brewery also allows itself to be rented out for private parties and events. So if you’re keen on renting Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co., you are requested to contact them for the same.