Zeus Brewing Company is Hudson Valley’s latest craft brewery and restaurant. Want to enjoy magnificent views of the Hudson River from a rooftop bar? You’d like to keep your eyes and ears open to the Zeus Brewing Company then. Besides offering a breathtaking ambiance, the craft brewery also serves a rotation of world-class artisanal beer brews paired with freshly prepared sandwiches, salads, gourmet dishes and hand-tossed pizzas.
Zeus Brewing Company finds itself on the ground floor of the newly-constructed Queen City Lofts development in Poughkeepsie. New York. Owner Bethany Phillips and brewmaster Amit Ram have designed a brewpub with the much-hailed chic industrial vibe, providing a clean and simple place to enjoy a couple of craft brews. Visitors will find enough space to seat themselves, with the brewery offering seating for 150 people downstairs and an additional 120 heads on the rooftop bar. Customers can take an elevator to reach the rooftop bar, which provides gorgeous views of the Hudson River and bridge.
You will find beer that is accessible to both seasoned craft beer enthusiasts and newcomers at Zeus Brewing Company. Brewmaster Amit Ram is conscious of the beers he brews, as he does not want the brewery to become another pretentious exercise in craft beer like so many others.
Beers at Zeus Brewing Company
The beers made available at Zeus Brewing Company are all personally handpicked by Amit Ram. The brewmaster is no stranger to Hudson Valley’s brewery scene, in fact, he has previously worked at Newburgh and Peekskill Brewery in the very same neighborhood. At Zeus, he intends to offer customers with an extensive craft brew selection, ranging from hazy IPAs to stouts and lagers.
All beers here are brewed in the brewery’s own 7-bbl brew tank. The bar features 12 draft lines – 10 of them offering in-house artisanal beers and the rest for cider and wine options.
Zeus Brewing Company has not started its canning operations yet, so a visit to the brewery is the only way you can enjoy their beer. Of course, people strapped for time may avail crowler and growler fills to-go.
Non-beer drinkers have plenty to cheer about too; the full bar made available to customers at Zeus Brewing Co. means that you/your company will be able to order your pick of cocktails, wine, or cider equally easily.
On Tap Availability
Zeus Brewing Co. currently provides visiting guests with nine of their in-house craft beers on tap and two other guest taps. Let’s learn more about these below:
- Glowing Rock – 6.7% ABV New England-style IPA, brewed using Simcoe and Mosaic hops. The glowy orange drink provides rich notes of mango and citrus fruit on consumption.
- Queen City Pils – 5% ABV German Pilsner, crisp and refreshing with bready flavor notes and the aroma of its floral hop content.
- Golden Touch – 7.2% ABV Saison, provides a crisp and dry finish. Contains aromas of toasted grain and peppery spice.
- Gold Jet Ski – 5% ABV American Lager, brewed using American malt and hops.
- Bro So Hard – 5.5% ABV Hazy Pale Ale, brewed in collaboration with Sloop Brewing Co. Smooth mouthfeel and bitter finish. You might suspect flavor notes of coconut and pineapple.
- Thunder Boomer – 8.9% ABV Double IPA, soft, smooth and easy drinkable. The brew could remind you of sipping on a Pina Colada. Flavor profiles of orange sorbet and tropical citrus fruit set this DIPA apart.
- The World Within – 9.7% ABV Imperial Stout, bold and balanced with flavor layers of cocoa powder, espresso, and dark fruit.
- Spellcaster – 9.9% ABV American Barleywine, extremely smooth and drinkable but packs quite the punch. It undergoes late dry-hopping, which renders a fruity aroma and unimaginable complexity to the brew.
- Room for Milk – 7% ABV Coffee Milk Stout, with smooth and creamy roasted coffee and dark chocolate flavors. Made using coffee sourced especially from the Poughkeepsie Grind.
- Doc’s Draft – 5% ABV Hard Apple Cider.
- Woodstock Brewing – 4.3% ABV Raspberry Gose.
What to Expect
Zeus Brewing Company, with its eclectic range of craft beers and carefully thought out food pairings, is unlikely to let you down. If you are looking for a brewery you can visit with your kids without having to worry about them kicking up a tantrum, this brewery named after the Greek God could very well be your pick. It is extremely child-friendly and also offers games for the kids to keep themselves entertained and out of your hair.
Ample parking space is made available in the form of street parking, so you need not worry about tracking down a parking space for your vehicle when you visit.
If you visit alone, you’re going to be equally entertained. The staff at the brewery is always up for a friendly chat and the large-screen TVs on the walls are always playing a game or some TV show to keep solo customers engaged.
Airy and spacious, you are sure to like Zeus Brewing Company if you are tired of craft breweries with cramped seating space. Also, the food is delicious. Zeus Brewing Company is conscious of being a brewpub and, as such, pays equal heed to the food they make available to customers. Try their pizza, pasta, or shareable plates – you won’t be disappointed.
Zeus Brewing Company is a tastefully done up brewery in the New York region which sells delicious beer and light eats at a reasonable price. If you are unable to decide on what to order, you can order a beer flight to help you make your pick.
Zeus has already gathered itself a loyal fan-following, and the icing on the cake will well and truly come when the rooftop brewery opens. A modestly priced craft brewery in New York which overlooks the Hudson River – why wouldn’t you want to pay a visit? The rooftop space is scheduled to open soon and will serve customers on a first-come-first-serve basis. Make sure you don’t miss out!
Open on all days of the week, Zeus Brewing Company is located at 178 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, New York. For more information, you can contact them via phone at 845-320-4560 or visit their official website.