Located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, the Wax Wings Brewing Company was opened by Rob Hopkins and his best friend, Jordan Fletcher. This brewery got its inspiration from the beer culture of New England and was opened with the aim to craft and serve the best beers in the town of Kalamazoo. Wax Wings Brewing Company focuses on stouts, farmhouse style, and the IPAs, and the beers are brewed in a three-barrel system. They brew different beers on a weekly basis and offer varieties of on tap beers, bottles, cans, and growlers. This brewery has been receiving positive reviews ever since its setup and is currently one of the best upcoming breweries in West Michigan.
The Place to Be
If you are looking for a place to drink beer in Kalamazoo, Wax Wings Brewing Company is the best go-to pub to satisfy your thirst for beer. This brewery has a cozy and friendly atmosphere with a rustic setting. There are varieties of seating arrangements, ranging from high tables to benches and huge tables. Apart from drinking beer alone, you can also play card and board games and enjoy the amazing beers. Although the menu is small, the beers they offer are of top-notch quality, so if you haven’t tasted their beers, do not miss out on the flavorful and fresh crafted beers from this brewery. Wax Wings Brewing Company serves unfiltered beers which are amazing so if you haven’t tried unfiltered beers, visiting this brewery would be the best place to start.
A convenient service offered by Wax Wings Brewing Company is that you can buy food or order and have it delivered from Mi Puebla, a Mexican restaurant, which is just two doors away from the brewery. It is also a dog-friendly brewery, so you can take your dogs and enjoy a pint of beer. They also provide takeaway, so you can either visit the brewery or order from home. A lot of people who visit for the first time leave the brewery with the excitement to visit again because of the atmosphere, service, and of course, the beers. Although they do not serve flights, they offer half price for half pour, which is also a great deal for sharing a drink.
Their Best Brews
Wax Wings Brewing Company serves over 100 varieties of beer, which are of exceptional quality. The beers being brewed weekly, and each beer has its own uniqueness and freshness to it. Here is a list of the most popular beers served in the brewery:
- Pulled Into Nazareth: This beer is an American IPA containing 7% ABV. It is a well-balanced beer that pours light earth yellow and has citrus and lemon taste.
- Thiccarus: It is an American Imperial IPA that pours golden yellow. The juiciness and bitterness blend perfectly with a hint of citrus. It contains 8.3% ABV.
- Condor Valley Crisp: An excellent sour beer with strong flavors of apple, cinnamon, tart, and vanilla. The fruitiness and sourness are blended perfectly, and this beer is the best dessert beer. It pours light yellow and contains 6.5% ABV.
- Mr. Boar Sauce: It is an American Porter brewed with lactose, chocolate, and roasted coffee. This beer is creamy and smooth with a strong taste and smell of coffee, coconut, and chocolate. It is black in color and contains 6.9% ABV.
- Up In The Early: This beer is an Imperial Stout made with lactose, maple syrup, hazelnut, and coffee. It is thick in texture and has a flavorful taste of sweetness and nuttiness. It contains 10% ABV.
- I’m A King Bee: It is an American Imperial IPA and contains 10.2% ABV. It is yellow in color, which has a well-balanced hop and sweetness with hints of honey. This beer has a smooth texture and is juicy and creamy.
- Dancing With Demons: It is an Imperial Stout which pours deep black containing 9% ABV. It tastes like roasted coffee with hints of chocolate and marshmallow. This beer is best during bonfires.
- Always On My Mind: This beer is also an Imperial Stout containing 8% ABV. It is flavorful and very smooth with tons of peanut butter. It pours a deep brown with a light aroma of coffee.
- Switched On Me: It is an American Pale Ale, which is light orange in color. It is brewed with dry hops, ale yeasts with Idaho 7, and Citra. It has a sweet and malty taste with a smooth texture. This beer contains 6.9% ABV.
- Gimmic: A very juicy New England Imperial IPA which has a smooth and creamy texture. It is light golden yellow in color, which has the taste of citrus, earth, and pine. A perfect blend of sweetness and bitterness containing 8.5% ABV.
- Pushing Big Wheels: This beer is a smooth and fruitful Imperial IPA. It has tons of guava, peach, and passion fruit. The sweetness and sourness are well-balanced. It has an ABV of 5%.
- Ball of Nerves: It is a New England IPA that pours light yellow containing 7.5% ABV. It has flavors of pine, melon, and grapefruit with a soft and silky texture.
Apart from these mentioned beers, there is a huge variety of other beers available. Give yourself the pleasure of drinking beer by tasting the unique beers they serve.
If you are residing in or around Kalamazoo, make a plan to visit Wax Wings Brewing Company, the best brewery in town. Do not worry about driving and stopping by the brewery because they have a parking lot which makes it convenient for people with cars. You will find the brewery at 3480 Gull Road, Kalamazoo, Michigan, or call 269-459-9494 to know more about the brewery. They have an official Facebook page so you can follow them here and keep yourself updated on all the announcements and posts they put up. You can also stay up-to-date through their website.