WeldWerks Brewing Co. is an award-winning microbrewery located in Greeley, Colorado. The once garage-based brewing business grew into a full-fledged microbrewery thanks to the vision of the current head brewer and co-founder of Neil Fisher. Back in 2014, Fisher won two medals for his garage brews at the Big Beers, Belgians and Barleywines Festival in Vail, CO. The homebrewing competition is amongst the most prestigious homebrewing contests in the entire nation, and Neil’s victory gave him the motivation to finally open his own brewery – the WeldWerks Brewing Co.
The CEO and Co-founder of WeldWerks, Colin Jones, used to frequent Neil’s garage business back in its nascent stage. In 2015, he quickly came on board, and the two began pouring the first beers of WeldWerks from Greeley ever since.
The WeldWerks Brewing Co. team consists of a motley crew of people who had earlier spent time at Neil’s garage helping him with his craft brews. The microbrewery also hired fresh new talent from the industry space over time. Neil and Colin are firm in their belief that the people who manage the brewing machinery and the bar counter are key to the success of their brewery.
The beer available at WeldWerks is not your generic run-off-the-mill brew. This microbrewery is constantly engaged in an attempt to produce beer for every unique palate. As such, their beer offerings continually undergo changes in brewing technique and flavor profile, trying to keep up with customer demand.
Your One-Stop Destination for “Fine Tuned Beer”
The WeldWerks Brewing Co. mantra is “fine-tuned beer.” At WeldWerks, brewing efforts try to maintain a consistent high quality. If a batch of brew doesn’t level up to the business standards, the batch will be discarded. This mindset showcases WeldWerks Brewing Company’s commitment to serving only the highest quality beers. According to WeldWerks Brewing Co., their “fined-tuned beer” is made from the best ingredients, modeled after the best recipes, and involves the best brewing techniques. At WeldWerks Brewing Co., you will notice that the latter batch of brews will always exceed the quality of the former, all in an attempt to consistently improve their brews. WeldWerks Brewing Co. prides itself on its commitment to always learn and research new brewing techniques that will help them better their brews.
WeldWerks Brewing Co. has been in business for just four years and has already managed to craft some 300+ types of different beers. All of this innovation and experimentation go down in the WeldWerks Brewing Co.’s 15 BBL 3-vessel brewhouse located in Downtown Greeley.
What to Expect on a Visit
WeldWerks Brewing Co. is a child-friendly brewery which is open on all days of the week. Besides indoor seating, the brewery’s tasting room also provides outdoor seating. Some of the beers you’ll find available here, at the moment are –
- Fit Bits: IPA – Session/India Session Ale with 4.2% ABV
- Thinkin’ of Spring: New England Pale Ale with 4.2% ABV
- Hefeweizen: Hefeweizen with 5.5% ABV
- Ella DDH Juicy Bits: New England IPA with 6.7% ABV
- Juicy Bits: New England IPA with 6.7% ABV
- Samba DDH Juicy Bits: New England IPA with 6.7% ABV
- A Series of Straightforward Propositions: New England IPA with 6.9% ABV
- A Many Splendored Thing: Double New England/Imperial IPA with 8% ABV
- New Hops, Who Dis?: New England IPA with 7.2% ABV
- Copper Wolf: Double New England/Imperial IPA with 8% ABV
- Pina Colada Milkshake: IPA Milkshake with 8% ABV
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake: IPA Milkshake with 8% ABV
- PB&J Stout: Milk Stout with 7.2% ABV
- Froot Camp: Tropical Infinity: Sour Berliner Weisse with 5.2% ABV
- Invincible Lodge: Double Milk/Imperial Stout with 10% ABV
- Single Barrel Medianoche #18805: Imperial/Double Stout with 12% ABV
- Vanilla Destinations: American Imperial/Double Stout with 13.1% ABV
- Peppermint Mocha Achromatic: Imperial/Double Stout with 10% ABV
All of the above are available in 3 oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz cans.
Three special craft brews are sold strictly on-premise only. These are:
- Puesta del Sol: Vienna Lager with 5.4% ABV
- Bits Box: Imperial/Double New England IPA with 8.5% ABV
- Never Enough Time (To Do All the Nothing You Want): Imperial/Double New England IPA with 8% ABV
What Customers Vouch For
Patrons who have visited WeldWerks Brewing Co. have only generous words for the selection of beers made available here. They believe WeldWerks serves some of the best beer in the country. The Juicy Bits and the PB&J stout appear to be the crowd favorites. The brewery is best-recognized for their hazy IPA offerings. They also serve an impressive collection of flavorful stouts.
Customers have also appreciated the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff working at WeldWerks, praising their patient attitude and spot-on recommendations. The taproom serves a warm and clean ambiance, replete with board games for family fun. You can also buy a selection of merchandise ranging from glassware to apparel at the company store.
If you brought a pet in tow, you need not worry. The WeldWerks Brewing Co. taproom patio is pet-friendly. You can easily drop in for a drink or two with your furry friend. Food trucks are parked outside, giving you plenty of snacking options to choose from.
If you want a place to kick back and unwind or even a place to network professionally, WeldWerks Brewing Co. is the place for you. WeldWerks may prioritize their hazy IPAs, but it is the stouts that customers are surprised to find on offer in small-town Colorado. With plenty of seating available, you don’t have to worry about finding a booth on your visit here. So call up your friends and plan a visit to WeldWerks Brewing Co. already – it will be a visit you won’t regret!
Customers looking for a taste of innovative beers can visit the WeldWerks Brewing Co. production facility and taproom at 508 8th Ave Greeley, Colorado. They can call or visit the microbrewery for any enquiries via telephone at 970-460-6345 or by visiting their official website. A satellite taproom is also in the works in Colorado Springs and should be open to the public soon.