Turning Point Beer might prove to be a turning point in your life, as far as beer-tasting goes. True to the name, their sole purpose is to become a ‘turning point’ for craft beer at the very neck of North Texas. With its rows of picnic tables carved out of wood and a generally warm ambiance, this one screams “a go-to brewery to unwind on your way back home.” This has been one of the foremost concerns of the founders of this locally operated brewery from the very start. Within a brief stint, it has successfully become much more than just a brewery. Turning Point, today, is a center of inspiration and creation, as well as a social house. It is almost like an addition to people’s lifestyles. The taproom, being frequented by the people of Mid-Cities who come to work in Forth Worth & downtown Dallas, is proof of that. Also, it is conveniently located at a midpoint between these two working areas.
The three friends, James Peery, Alex Knight, and Jon Paul Goytia, set out on their venture two years ago. The Turning Point Brewery was opened in March 2018. The owners intend to put out an array of underrepresented beers with a unique spin to keep the experience fun for brewers and fresh for the consumers. They continue to stand strong on that point, drawing from customer reviews, who cannot seem to stop talking about their beer and the overall experience.
A wide range of east coast IPAs and pale ales are their specialty. They’ve literally nailed the hop game. Apart from that, they also produce a few delicious sours and stouts. The co-founders are humble about their popularity, which they owe to the constant support of some of the well-known local breweries and their solid customer base.
Turning Point Beer Menu
The Turning Point Beer taproom remakes only the most popular beers. Otherwise, they constantly crank out experimental brews every week. So visitors have new beers to try out every week.
Beers brewed at this popular local brewery are available in flights of four or six beers (five ounces each), as well as crowlers and growlers. They also offer some of their unique brews in cans and bottled form.
- Zombie Break: 11% ABV, a sour-Berliner Weisse
- We Put the I In Team: 12.2% ABV, an imperial stout beer with a strong, silky chocolate flavor profile.
- Dangerousest Salad: 7.5% ABV, a sour-Berliner Weisse with flavor hints of vanilla, granola, black currant, almond, and coconut.
- Pecan Brownie: 10.8% ABV, a chewy pastry-stout brewed with cocoa nibs, cocoa powder, vanilla, and pecans, resulting in an over-the-top liquid brownie flavor.
- Jarvis: 5.2%ABV, a slow-pour German pilsner dry-hopped with citra, making it clean & crisp
- My Mother’s Lucky Machete: 5.3% ABV, newest Mexican lager beer with crushable, crisp, and refreshing notes
- $Texas: 8.2 ABV & 58 IBU, a double New England IPA.
- $Galaxy: 8.2% ABV & 78 IBU, an imperial New England IPA hopped with Galaxy, HBC 431, El Dorado and Hallertau Blac – galaxy version of $Texas
- Australian Kiss: 8.7% ABV, a double NEIPA brewed with Australian hops like Galaxy, Ella, and Vic Secret
- Black Falcon: 8.2% AB, east-coast DIPA
- The Trifecta: 10.5% ABV, a hazy triple New England IPA with coconut and pineapple flavor notes
- $Strata: 8.2% ABV, a double NEIPA hopped with Strata, Hallertau Blac, El Dorado, and HBC 431
- Green Falcon: 8.6% ABV, an American IPA hopped with citra, mosaic, and chinook
To Go Beer
- Green Falcon: Available in a 4 pack, 16 ounce cans
- Black Falcon: Available in a 4 pack, 16 ounce cans
- African Dream Pop Strawberry Mango Ginger: Available in a 4 pack, 16 ounce cans
- Jarvis: Available in a 4 pack, 16 ounce cans
- My Mother’s Lucky Machete: Available in a 4 pack, 16 ounce cans
- Dangerousest Salad: Available in 4 pack ,16 ounce cans
- Barrel-Aged Release the Krausen: 750ml bottle, 13% ABV, imperial stout aged in their taproom for 11 months in Witherspoon bourbon barrels
Why Visit Turning Point Beer?
The point of Turning Point Beer is their phenomenal beer. Watch out all IPA lovers – their revolutionary NEIPAs call out for special mention. If you’re still in two minds about adding this one to the list of your favorite watering holes, here are some additional high-points that can’t be overlooked:
No more guilt-trips for leaving the kids behind to catch up with friends over beer! The free arcade games and board games are a fantastic touch to the space, as it keeps the children busy, while adults can enjoy their beer and talk alone.
As per customer reviews, the taproom staff is super friendly. The staff of the taproom has good knowledge of the brews they are producing, which helps them understand the taste preferences of customers and recommend beers more accurately.
Fun & Frolic
Sip on beer while winning prizes till the wee hours. Apart from the arcade games, the taproom holds fun-filled trivia on Tuesdays. Ice Cole’s Craft Bingo, held twice every month, also gives friends and family a chance to enjoy a night of bingo with excellent beer.
If not always, customers usually find a different food truck parked at their parking lot. So you don’t just get to taste different beer every week, but new food flavors as well.
Merchandise in the form of glassware, accessories, and apparels are available. The brewery also rents out the space for corporate events and celebrations like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. For updates on upcoming releases, keep an eye on their Facebook (@tpbeers) & Instagram (@turningpointbeer) handles. Information about food-truck availability outside the taproom is also updated in their social media posts regularly. So make it count and visit this microbrewery as soon as possible.
Turning Point Beer is located at 1307 Brown Trail, Bedford, Texas. If you’re planning a visit here, you can visit the brewery’s official website or call at 817-705-8817 for more information.