Craft beer has been rising in popularity for decades, mostly because it is independent, small, and brewed traditionally by microbrewers. Sante Adairius Rustic Ales, also called SARA, located in the city of Capitola, California, has been voted one of the best brewers in the world, securing the number nine spot. It was established as a small brewery by Adair Paterno and Tim Clifford in the year 2012 and is now booming with great success because of the authentic and high-quality beers they serve.
The location of Sante Adairius Rustic Ales is an industrial site, which was chosen to connect and integrate with the community. The neighboring areas of San Francisco, East Bay, and San Jose contribute a lot to the popularity of SARA’s brewery, with supportive, loyal patrons.
The beers served at Sante Adairius Rustic Ales are inspired by Belgian tradition, where they are stored in huge barrels with bacteria and yeast. The brewery aims to produce well-constructed beers with character and simplicity and to bring together the people of beer lovers.
SARA is known for its excellent saisons and IPAs. The best beers in the locality are brewed in SARA, making it the best spot for beer lovers along with its amazing tasting room and ambiance.
Adair Paterno and Tim Clifford, the owners of SARA, make use of the large wine barrels for fermentation. The brewery offers a huge variety of selected beers. with Saison Bernice as the most popular beer, which was rated as one of the best 20 best beers in the world.
A unique specialty of SARA is the water used for brewing. Since the location is on the coast, the water available is rich in minerals, thus enabling the production of excellent beer with a well-balanced taste of salinity.
Here is a list of some of the most popular beers served in SARA:
- Saison Bernice: It is a farmhouse ale that is delicately fermented and made with seasonal and local ingredients. It contains 6.5% ABV.
- West Ashley: Filled with the aroma of apricot, West Ashley is carefully aged with apricots in Pinot Noir barrels as saison and turns into a tart and delectable beer. It contains 7.2% ABV.
- Simpleton: A hazy yellow and orange-ish New England IPA with a hoppy smell that is perfect for hot weather. It is moderately bitter and easy to drink. It contains 6.5% ABV.
- 831 IPA: It is an American IPA having more aroma and flavor than the English IPA that contains 7.5% ABV.
- Tomorrow, Today: An American IPA with a citrusy smell, the bitterness and sweetness are well-balanced in this drink. It contains 7.4% ABV.
- Vanilla Joe: It is an American Porter with a strong aroma of coffee. It has the taste of sweet vanilla and the bitterness of black coffee, containing 6.8% ABV.
- Chavez: An excellent American Porter which pours a deep brown with a strong taste of chocolate and caramel. It is available all year round. It contains 6.5% ABV.
- Spots and Dots: It is a 100% Nelson Sauvin IPA. It has a refreshing taste of citrus and juiciness with the bitterness of grapefruit. It contains 7% ABV.
- Lucybelle: It contains 5.3% ABV with a refreshing, dry, and crispy taste. This beer is the perfect accompaniment for a warm sunset. Lucybelle is made of saison with Brettanomyces, a non-spore yeast, to make it flavorful and aromatic.
- Anais: It is made from barley, wheat, pilsner, and spelt malts. Light yellow in color with the taste of banana, honey, and fruitiness, it’s one of the best saisons and is quite addictive and refreshing. It contains 6.5% ABV.
- Farmhouse Noir: It is a farmhouse saison that smells fruity and funky. It is dark brown in color, like chocolate, and has a fruity, tingly, and citrusy taste with the right amount of smoothness and carbonation. It contains 7.7% ABV.
- Love’s Armor: It is an American wild ale and is also a mixture of Farmhouse Noir and Chavez. This beer is dark in color with a thin, white head. It has a chocolate and nutty smell with a sweet and sour taste. It contains 8.1% ABV.
SARA’s Tasting Room
SARA’s tasting room is a new venue which is located in Santa Cruz, five miles away from the brewery. This location offers a large number of unique beers to customers and is also considered as one of the best places to try different kinds of beer in California.
Why Visit Sante Adairius Rustic Ales?
Sante Adairius is known not only for the beers they serve, but their beautiful ambiance marks as a huge attraction. People from all over the world travel to Sante Adairius Rustic Ales to experience and enjoy drinking their amazing beers. It is a great place to hang out with friends and families. Kids can also come along to enjoy the delicious food served here. Another attraction of Sante Adairius is the dog-friendly bar. There are large barrels that not only make for aesthetic decor pieces, but also act as the perfect spot to place your belongings.
You will find the best saison and IPA beers here. Sante Adairius Rustic Ale also holds special events when new beers are produced. Additionally, this brewery is known for the amazing, knowledgeable, and friendly staff, who make the customers feel comfortable and welcomed.
If you are a beer lover and want to challenge yourself by exploring the taste of the best beers in the world, Sante Adairius Rustic Ale is the best spot and will give you full satisfaction. You should definitely plan a visit to this brewery, alone or with friends and families.
You can visit the official website of Sante Adairius Rustic Ales or call 831-462-1227 to learn more about the brewery. You can also simply visit the brewery at 103 Kennedy Dr. Capitola, California 95010.